Visual Merchandising Director
|Salary Range:||commensurate with experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Reports to: Vice President, Creative Services|
Enesco, LLC has been awarded "National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For - 2013", and also
"Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies To Work For - 2013."
Enesco, LLC, is a global leader in the giftware and home and garden décor industries. Serving more than 44,000 customers worldwide, Enesco distributes products to a wide variety of specialty card and gift retailers, home décor boutiques, mass-market chains and direct mail retailers. With subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, France, Canada and Hong Kong, Enesco serves markets operating in Europe, the Americas, Australia and Asia. The company’s product lines include some of the world’s most recognized brands including Heartwood Creek® by Jim Shore, Foundations®, Our Name is Mud®, Gund®, Boyds®, Country Artists®, Walt Disney Classics Collection®, Disney Traditions™, Border Fine Arts ™, Cherished Teddies®, Bilston & Battersea Enamels®, and Lilliput Lane®, among others. Further information is available on the company’s Web site at www.enesco.com.
Responsible for the development and creation of the showroom design which includes execution of concepts and design presentation.
|Duties:||Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:|
1. Responsible for all showroom and trade show visual installations including overseeing floor moves, display adjacencies, and signage.
2. Responsible for creating and maintaining compelling presentations of merchandise that will engage customers and help stimulate sales activity.
3. Interacts regularly with marketing, sales and product development teams so that display designs are aligned with product and marketing priorities.
4. Create and present concepts to management.
5. Responsible for trend forecasting and sourcing of new materials to apply and enhance display designs
6. Oversee the samples management process as it relates to showroom and trade show installations.
7. Responsible for developing and managing budget.
8. Hire and manage subordinate staff and visual design freelance staff to achieve corporate, functional, departmental and personal objectives.
9. Partner and collaborate with various company divisions to provide visual merchandising guidance and support.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies, and Education:|
1. BS required.
2. 8+ years experience in visual merchandising, display and interior design in a retail environment is required.
3. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
4. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
5. Working knowledge of space planning software is preferred.
6. Microsoft Office
7. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
8. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, as well as planning, project management, and time management expertise. Individual will need to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong creative flair and effective problem solving abilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
The company will offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
**NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE**
Physical Demands & Work Environment
1. Extensive travel twice yearly for trade shows and showroom display installations.
2. Must be able to meet physical demands related to showroom and tradeshow set-up, twice yearly. Extensive walking, standing, and ability to push, lift, and carry 30 pounds are required during those times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.